Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 8. 1/3/14. Friday. crossfit, and recording my list of 1RMs.

just a crossfit day, no running.  but seriously, talk about about fucking up your morning, get up at 4:50am, look at the WOD for 5:30am, and see its Karen.  Somebody at HQ must have been burned in the past, just tragically had their heart ripped out and thrown on the floor by a woman named Karen.  Because 150 wallballs, 20#, 10ft, its just mean and sadistic.

warm up was 10 min EMOM, 10 push presses.  started with 65#.  able to run all 10 in about 35-40sec, for each of the first 7 rounds.  then dropped to 2x5 every 30 seconds for the final 3 rounds.  should have gone heavier, and then allowed myself to fail a round. I had staged this with some 5's laying on the ground, but T took them before I was ready.  then there was not enough time between rounds to go get more, or even grab 10's.  lost opportunity.  that's 10 minutes I'm not going to get back, 10 mins I wasted on some light weight that's not going to make me get stronger.

Karen.  for the 2013 Open WOD 13.3, I got 150 wallballs and 10 double unders before the 12 min time cap (my 150 wallballs took 11:41).  this morning I took 12:51 for my 150 shots.  so I'm a minute slower than ayear ago, which is fine by me, because I'm not competing.  I realize I cannot push myself in a competitive contest environment every single day. that's a sure path to over-training, and a subsequent crash and burn.

I want to record my 1RM lifts, because I feel like I am at a stable point right now.  my capability will likely drop as I run more and lift less.  All I can hope is that I can get enough quality time in the gym to slow down the loss, and minimize the amount of time it takes to get it back.  not like I'm some kind of fucking superhero. I know these numbers are shit, but they are what I have right now, and they are better than they were a year ago.  I know I'll get here again, and further, but it just sucks to lose ground.  but that's my choice.  I know I can't do everything, to the best of my ability, all the time.  running distance and lifting can be mutually exclusive.

                                   1RM

hang power snatch      75
power snatch              105
hang snatch                 65
snatch                         110
   
overhead squat            75
front squat                  205
back squat                  225
       

hang power clean      115
power clean               165
hang clean                 125
clean                          175
clean and jerk            150
   
press                          120
push press                 145
push jerk                   135
split jerk                    155
   
deadlift                      300
   
Crossfit Total, 1/4/13    620
         press                     95
         back squat            225
         deadlift                 300

Friday.  crossfit.  push press. wallball.  PRE. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds. ham/swiss lasagne. green beans. apple. chicken. stuffing. salad. cauliflower. chis and salsa. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment