Saturday, January 18, 2014

1/18/14. Sat. Long Run. had a good one today.

1/18/14.  Sat. Run.

had a good run today.  I had intended to do an early morning run, but an emergent condition came up at work, and I needed to put in some hours on a problem.  so i didn't run until 2pm or so.  Tell you what, that was an easy fast 5 miles in 42 min.  avg pace of under 8:30 min/mile, avg speed of 7.1 mph.  felt pretty good.  was cold and clear, bright sunshine.  I am torn about when i like to run.  i really enjoy the solitude and peace of an early morning run, but the nicer weather and temp make the afternoon attractive.  I just hate other people on the sidewalk and breathing the exhaust of all the cars speeding by during the day.

today when i ran, i felt like a cheetah bounding down the sidewalk.  until i saw my shadow, looked more like a lumbering drunken fatigued hippo trudging along.  i never want to see video of my running.  i have no style.  no chi running. no POSE running.  nothing graceful or natural about it.  just a non-stop continuous battle to put one foot in front of the other until my miles are done or I quit.  and so far, i have never quit.

day of rest tomorrow.  my back felt pretty good today.  maybe 90-95%.  depends on what what Monday's WOD is, whether I need to keep drastically scaling down or not.  hope the recover continues.

1/18/14. run. coffee. fried eggs. sausage. hash brown. NOxplode.  spaghetti/meatballs. lasagne. salad. cookies. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment