Monday, January 13, 2014

1/13/14. crossfit, stiff back. I re-consider my Open decision...

tough morning in the gym.

did my long run late Sunday afternoon.  I am accustomed to running it Sat morning, which gives me a yoga sat afternoon to stretch out, and then all day sunday to recover.  with just over 12 hours of recovery time, i went into the WOD feeling pretty stiff, and came out worse.  my lower back feels a little tweaked.  sitting in a desk all day at work will not help.  hopefully, some icing, some ibuprofen, some stretching, and a night on the foam mattress will get it back in shape.  I am planning a 5K for 5:30am tomorrow, so I better wake up feeling good.

Been getting some pressure to do The Open, from a couple of Assholes.  I have re-considered, and I am willing.  But here are my conditions...

Asshole 1, lets call him East Coast Asshole, will need to also sign up for the Open, and do it with me (local gym, of course, since he can't be here in person).  In addition, East Coast Asshole needs to do each of The Open WODs wearing the pink howler monkey beast mode t-shirt I bought him for his birthday.

Asshole 2, lets call him West Coast Asshole, will need to run with me for the 5 weeks of the Open.  I'll even cut West Coast Asshole some slack.  It can be either my weekday runs (M, Tu, W, Th) or my weekend runs (Sat, Sun).  I realize 6 runs a week for a non-runner is too much, so either 4 weekdays, or 2 weekends, for 5 weeks.  In addition, West Coast Asshole will need to run in his spandex snake skin print lifting pants, since I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any sexy running tights like me.

those are my conditions.  otherwise, I continue to refrain from The Open while The Plan begins.  And Assholes 1 and 2 can shut the fuck up.  You know who you are.

Crossfit this morning.  Heavy front squat, 3 EMOM for 5 min.  85% 1RM.  Did 175#, was heavy, had to break every set into 2+1.  But knocked them out.  Then 5 RFT: 10 wallball and 10 ground to overhead (for me, this was power cleans and push presses).  Rx was 115, I did 85.  after the long run, then the front squats, then the ground to overhead, my lower back is not feeling good.  will self-rehabilitate for the rest of the day/night, see what tomorrow brings.

1/13/14.  crossfit. front squats. wallballs. ground to overheads. C4 extreme. coffee. brazilian bacon flavored chips.  brazilian chocolates.  apple.  mongolian grill leftovers. apple.turkey tetrazini. salad. cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment