Sunday, January 12, 2014

1/12/14. Sunday. The Long Run I tried to skip...

1/12/14. Sunday. i really tried to skip my long run this weekend.  really.  i used every excuse i could. I'm trying not to come down with a cold.  I have a bad feeling in nose/throat.  general aches.  really shitty weather.  windy. rainy. flood advisories.  i said I wasn't going to do my long run this weekend and that it would be OK in the grand scheme of things.

I skipped it Saturday. then sat night i had anxiety dreams. dreams that i was getting ready for a race and I wasn't ready.  i couldn't figure out the schedule.  what time the gun would go off, how early I needed to be there to check in, when I needed to leave the house, when I needed to get up.  i had a fitful night of anxious sleep, worried about racing. Then I didn't run sunday morning either.  went bowling with the boys, averaged over 150 per game.  but all day, i had that voice in the back of my head saying "come on fucker.  just do it.  lazy SOB. quitter.  fucking weak.  just do it.  do it.  go do it. now..."  I felt like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.  I might have a fitness related mental illness.

So I did it.  I ran my 5 miles, and did it in under 43 minutes.  faster than intended.  i feel good now.  i can sleep tonight. 

1/12/14. bowling. running. coffee. granola/milk. bacon and cheese omelet. peanut butter toast. grilled cheese. orange.  NOxplode. .mongolian grill. those little danish butter cookies in the big tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment