Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1/7/14. Tuesday. crossfit. no run.

ah, there it is.  that stiffness I expected from those squats.  my old friend, DOMS, strikes again. woke up a little stiff/sore.  not too bad, definitely not "go down the stairs sideways" kind of stiff, just noticeably there.  glutes most affected, then quads.  I hit the the gym about 40 minutes early so I could roll out.  Lacrosse ball to the glutes, rumble roller to the calves, foam roller to the quads.  I also did some extra calf stretchs (foot extension and retraction).  last time i did any serious running, I sometimes got some pain down the front of my right ankle, into the top of my foot.  I speculate it might be the extensor tendons.  I have experimented with multiple methods of lacing my shoes (to ensure its not too tight across the top of the foot), but i have also read that stiff calves might contribute to this condition.  I am willing to give anything a go, and lord knows I am about as stiff as they come.

no running today.  regularly scheduled WOD.  buy in with 5 strict press EMOM.  started heavy (for me), went to failure, dropped weight.  WOD was tabata of rowing, air squats, push ups, sit ups.  each movement gets 20 seconds on, 10 second rest, 8 times in a row, each.  so its a 16 min high intensity interval training workout. air squats wer tougher than anticipated, what with the pain in my ass.

crossfit. strict press. rowing. squats. push ups. sit ups. coffee. almonds. orange. tea. spaghetti. green beans. apple. protein shake. salad. pizza. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment