Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1/22/14. crossfit. run. worrying about the weekend.

1/22/14.  Wed. crossfit. run.

tired today.  when the alarm went off at 4:50am, it was tempting to stay in bed. but there's no rest for the wicked.

warm-up was EMOM, 10 min, 2 power cleans and 2 push jerk.  stayed light.  maybe over-protective of the lower back.  having gotten over the issue, i'm now gun shy and second guessing what i am about to lift.  it was easy to go light, knock this out without any trouble.  it will be mentally hard to start adding more weight.  hard to be sure I am totally out of the woods versus just barely staving off an injury.  oh well, maybe i'm just freaking lazy and lifting light was hte path of least resistance this morning.

WOD was Helen+.  3 RFT: 400m run, 21 kettlebell swings, 12 chest to bar pull ups (C2B is what makes it "+").  first time I've done a KB swing with a 53# KB in almost 2 weeks.  didn't feel terrible.  as I got tired and I felt my core weaken, I would take a break, rather than push through and finish the round.  so i pretty much kept it to 11 swings and 10 swings, per round.  now chest to bar pull ups, those fuckers are another story.  grab bar (wrists towards me, as opposed to away from me, actually like a chin-up, not a pull up, which lets me get that last couple of inches with a bicep contraction) do one chest to bar pull up, drop.  repeat.  one. at. a. time.  brutal.  I friggen hate these.  but i touched my chest to the bar, 100%.  I don't care that I was still going while the other had their showers and left.  I did what I set out to do, which was fully hit every rep.

run. 5k. mukilteo loop. nothing out of the ordinary.  cold. dark. here's the thing - T wanted to run with me.  she just back from 2 weeks in India.  her metabolism is all f'd up from white carbs and third world food.  she's still kind of jet-lagged and fatigued and got an upset stomach.  and just 2 weeks without working out made her weak.  so let's just say there were some stomach cramps, some out-of-breatheness and some walking.  actually, quite a bit of walking.  but this is not my training plan yet.  I have no pace or tempo or requirements right now.  if she asks if she can run with me, I will not say no.  just knocking out the miles is OK today.  I've had better, but I've also had worse.  it'll all work out over time.

not sure what I am going to do to get my long run in this weekend.  I am judging the Cretus Ex Duellem crossfit event at Ward's gym in Lynnwood.  Fri/Sat/Sun.  If I WOD Friday morning at 5:30am, then have to judge Fri 10am-7:30pm, then judge again Sat and Sun, all day, I'm swamped.  may need to skip this weekend.  if i was on  the plan and actually training, that shit wouldn't cut it and I would skip judging to get it in.  but since the plan doesn't start until March 10, I guess I can be flexible.  I say that now, but we'll see.

1/22/14. NOxplode. coffee. orange. almonds. pulled pork sandwich. cole slaw. tortilla soup. chicken pot pie.  salad.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment