Friday, January 17, 2014

1/17/14. Friday. Crossfit, no run today.

1/17/14. Friday.  Crossfit, no running. 

I would say my back was feeling maybe 90% when I woke up this morning.  I'm pleased with the progress.  strength was 1RM split jerk.  I wasn't feeling ready to take the risk, so I used the bare bar and just practiced form.  get a good push, get under the bar fast, stand back up with it.  felt pretty good.  then the WOD was 10 RFT: 250m row, 10 KB swings.  KB swing done right should really get some oomph from the hip lock out, work the quads, hamstrings, etc.  but its still a risk for the lower back.  I felt it was premature to go Rx weight, so I dropped from a 53# KB to a 35# KB.  went just fine, never felt any twinges of pain, just a little tight.  But felt good and finished in a reasonable time.  I am feeling cautiously optimistic that I dodged the bullet this time. 

We'll see how tomorrow's long run goes.  I am really optimistic that I am out of the woods.  I will know for sure when I roll out of bed tomorrow.  i will say that i am really looking forward to T coming back and doing some yoga, plus some more foam roller action.

1/17/14. NOxplode. protein shake. coffee. orange.  veggie burger. tortilla soup. apple. spaghetti.  chicken teriyaki. rice. peas. tortilla chips.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment