Friday, January 24, 2014

1/24/14. Crossfit. And the Long Run. First time for that combo.

1/24/14. Friday. Crossfit. Long Run.

I was hitting on all cylinders this morning.  I was the Tip of the Spear. I'm judging a 3 day crossfit competition and I knew I'd be working 12 hour days sat/sun, with no time for the long run. I even had an 8 hour day today judging.  So I hit crossfit this morning, then I went home and went on my long run with no real recovery time. I managed to hit a new deadlift max with 3 reps of 315, then I did the WOD of thrusters and burpees, then I went home and ran 5 miles in 44 minutes. Felt great, felt like I could do anything. I was flying high.

First my deadlift. I wanted a new 1RM, and I hit it with 305. Then I meant to grab 2.5s, but I grabbed 5s by accident. I asked T to catch some video of me, and when I lifted it she screwed it up. After some yelling and cursing I lifted it again, while she managed to take a video of my feet. After another outburst by me, I got Coach Jesse to video me, and I deadlifted the 315 for a 3rd time. So a new 1RM, for 3 singles.



I was a little worried about my lower back, so I went light and slow on the WOD. Easy thrusters and burpees.

Then the Long Run. Was a beautiful morning. Sun was coming out, blue skies up high, low lying fog that I ran through. Was really nice. Kept a decent pace for a long run, approx 8:50 min/mile. Got home, feeling like a champ.

After that I spent all day at Cretus Ex Dueleum, judging some awesome athletes. Some great event, a lot of great competitors, and some awesome volunteer staff. Was a blast.

1/24/14. NOxplode. Protein shake. Coffee. Bagel egg sandwich. Trail mix. Beef jerky. Chicken pot pie. Pancakes. Sausage. BBQ chicken taco salad. Chocolate chips. Lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment