Monday, January 20, 2014

1/20/14. Crossfit. Good run.

1/20/14. Monday. Crossfit. Run.

Ok gym time, fantastic run today.

Supposed to be heavy (90% 1RM) front squats, followed by a 10 min AMRAP of double under and power snatches. Suspiciously like the one that triggered my back issue last week. So I went real light on the front squats. So light I got Some trash talking "I think your 12 year old son squatted more than the last week". Whatever. I'm not hurting now, so I made a good choice. Went slow on the AMRAP, concentrated on form, not speed. Nothing to write home about, but I broke a sweat.

My run was awesome. Snuck out of work a little early, and got to run in daylight/twilight. Wore my Adidas energy boost shoes for the first time. Holy shit, that shoes are rockets! Felt like I was really running. Felt awesome. Went real fast. Avg 7.4 mph. 5K in 25 min. Really cooking. Felt springy and responsive. Really felt the ground through the foam soles. Good grip. The uppers are a stretchy fit, kind of like aquasox, really let my foot flex and grip. We'll see how my feet/ankles/calves feel tomorrow, but I would like to rotate them in maybe once a week for a while, then give them a try on a long run sometime.

Slowly going to ease back on the scaling and hit some weight in the gym, as long as my back continues to feel better.

1/20/14. Crossfit. Run. Front squats. Double unders. Power snatches. NOxplode. Coffee. Almonds. Peppers. Chicken teriyaki. Rice. Peas. Pulled pork sandwich. Cole slaw. Cookies. Lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment