Thursday, January 9, 2014

1/9/14. Thursday. crossfit. a pic of me prior to crossfit, then 1 yr into it.

day off from running.  just crossfit.

awesome WOD.  not for time, not even AMRAP.  15 min to get a heavy snatch, 15 min to get a heavy clean and jerk.  can i just say i love my lifting shoes?  I managed to turn the 2 oly lifts into 4 new PRs...  New PR on the snatch for me, 115.  And you can't have a proper snatch without a full overhead squat, 115 (2nd PR).  And when you can't squat out the next higher weight, it was still a power snatch, 120 (third PR).  Then a new clean and jerk PR, 155 (4th PR).  Finished out with 3x25 situps and back extensions.  all in all, an awesome day at the gym.  things went well for me, and i feel like i've made some progress.

its nice to have a day off from running (or 2 as the case may be), but I miss it.  These short runs aren't so bad, but I am kind of starting to remember the things I had buried deep and forgotten about.  the long runs during the week, the mental agony of the road, the physical hardship, hell, just the amount of time it takes run run 20, 30, 40 miles in a week.  its kind of a sick excitement to be anticipating doing that again.

the first pic below was me crossing the finish line of my second marathon, 2 summers ago (ran the 2nd marathon 3 weeks after my first one), versus a pic taken last summer at the beach.  I weighed in at 165 that marathon morning, versus more like 180 over the summer.  its a tough call.  its obviously easier to run distance when you are carrying less weight.  but I think its important to be well-rounded, and to be "fit" in multiple aspects.  I know I could stand to lose a few pounds right now, and I have a bit of the "love handles" back, but I'm also stronger than ever.  If I want a new marathon PR, does that necessarily mean I need to get back to my running weight?  I wish I could know exactly what weight I needed to be, to guarantee a great time.  I would do what I had to.



12/9/14.  crossfit. snatch. clean and jerk.  coffee.  orange. granola bar. ravioli. peas.  apple. protein shake. kung pao chicken. rice. potsticker. eggroll. wonton soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment