Thursday, February 27, 2014

2/27/14. time for a break. over-training rears its ugly head.

so below is my journal from yesterday.  I didn't post it.  After I wrote it, I went back and read it.  and re-read it.  and came to the conclusion that I need a break, mentally and physically.  I think I am showing a few symptoms of over-training.  the tiredness and sub-standard performance in workouts, I could deal with.  but I think I was feeling a lack of motivation, and I was getting really angry and irritable.  worse than normal, that is.  Plus I think I need to take some time off and see if I can get my heel back to normal.
a little about over-training syndrome...

so no gym, and no running, for the next 5-7 days.  its a tough decision, and I feel guilty, but I have one goal, and that's to do awesome in Berlin.  so I need to get my shit together, and be ready to hit the streets again on 3/10/14.


***********************************************************************
2/26/14 crossfit. run.  somedays I feel entirely alone in my training.

wow, I was really dragging ass in the gym this morning.  3 RFT: 800m run, 20 wallballs, 20 box jumps.  I was slow and tired.  runs were trudging. wallballs were sets of 7 or so.  box jumps? I took lots of breaks.  just slow.  but the music was rocking.  Misfits, Rancid, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion, The Ramones, and more. I even heard some Operation Ivy this morning. Seriously, Op Ivy.  made my workout a little better.  except when Rancid was playing, and I was supposed to go out on an 800m run.  I had to decide whether to stay and listen, or run it out.  needless to say, I ran, just not fast.

some days, I feel really alone in my training.  I have friends that run.  and I have friends that crossfit.  but I feel like nobody is trying to pull the kind of shit I'm doing.  seriously, I'm 43 years old.  I'm not an athlete, and I've never been a jock, and i could care less about sports.  never have, never will.  and yet, this week, I'm running 18+ miles, and I'm in the gym WODing 5 days.  plus the extra mobility and yoga I am squeezing in.  I'm feeling a little beleaguered, and I feel like no one understands it.  except maybe my best friend, who i feel works harder than me, but he's 3000 miles away.  and not the same work I'm doing.  I would like to have someone else pulling the kind of work I'm pulling, along with me, to share notes with.  commiserate with.  run the miles with.  this is my 3rd day of double workouts.  I set a new 5K PR on Monday. last night my WOD included 54 pullups and 54 deadlifts at 205#.  that was hard for me.  some days I just wish I had a partner, so I could compare notes on what's normal.  I think I am having a little over-training syndrome right now.  I think in a week when I start the real plan, and I'm running 6 days a week, then workouts are gonna get trimmed. maybe cut down to 3 a week and see how is goes form there.

run.  5K.  at last, some decent weather.  the sun was shining, and it was warmer.  was nice to be outside.  running through a myriad of minor issues.  left hamstring, left knee. left calf. right heel. right foot.  nothing major, just running those diagnostics while I work.

2/26/14. protein shake. coffee. orange. protein bar. beef jerky. chili dog with cheese. broccoli salad. apple. almonds.  pork chop. cabbage. apples. salad. lots of water.

1 comment:

  1. extent question that awesome conclusion. LunaTrim Regardless I don't comprehend the truism and I never will. It's the reason when I see that aspect I simply need to sob now and again.
    https://www.topsupplements.co.za/weight-loss/lunatrim/

    ReplyDelete