Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2/12/14. crossfit. run. low energy day. output is catching up with me

2/12/14. crossfit. run.

kind of dragging today.  energy level is definitely down a bit.  this week, and next week, will be a good test of how I can tolerate the ramp up to the training plan.  if i can't keep up with the output, something will have to give.  and unfortunately, for the next 32 weeks and 3 days, run reduction is off the table.  top priority is the run, leaving strength conditioning, though important, as secondary.  that's just the way its gonna be.

crossfit.  1000m row.  kept my 500m splits well under 2:00, which is the pace I was shooting to maintain.  12 min AMRAP: increase by three each round.  sumo deadlift high pulls and handstand push ups.  I did the SDHPs at Rx weight, I did the HSPUs with toes on a 24" box.  Having trouble keeping my legs straight in the HSPU with toes on a box. probably a combination of hamstring tightness, sloppy form, and general laziness.

generally tired.  bad morning. forgot half my lunch at home. motorcycle pants leaked in the rain and it looked like i pissed my pants.  minor headache, general soreness and lassitude. I think I looked like hell today, in the gym and at home. Several people told me I shouldn't run today. One of them really has a set of brass balls though, to tell somebody they look tired, and tell on them to their wife that they looked tired, after just making them row 1000 meters. 

run 5K.  its warmer than last week.  About 46 degrees F, windy, no rain.  ideal running conditions. The sun was just setting over the Olympics as I ran, was beautiful. Seriously, as shitty as my day was, as much as I was dragging, that run restored me. I felt awesome. The better I felt, the faster I ran. Ended up doing my 5K 30 seconds faster than yesterday. I couldn't help myself.

2/12/14. crossfit. run. row. SDHPs. HSPUs. NOxplode. protein shake. coffee. protein bar. chicken. peas. buffalo chicken cauliflower. almonds. Mediterranean chicken pita.  cucumber/chick pea salad. dark chocolate bar. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment