Monday, February 3, 2014

2/3/14. crossfit. no run. but this is the week to crank it up a notch.

2/3/14. Monday. Crossfit. no run.

5:30am class.  5 min EMOM, 30 double unders.  my doubles were off.  hit maybe 20 each minute.  lots of energy wasting leaping and flailing around, flagellating myself with an aircraft quality steel control cable strung between 2 handles.  5 min AMRAP of clean and jerks (full squat). only loaded up 115, should probably have gone a little heavier.  21-15-9, chest to bar pull ups and 53# kettlebell swings.  after a first run of 5 C2B, I actually strung together sets of 2-3 chest to bar pullups.  still have to do them as chin ups, not pull ups, if I want to get the extra little pull to touch my chest.  halfway through, resorted to peeling down.  chest hair gets you the extra half inch as it brushes the bar, that can spell the the difference between a good rep and a no rep.

this is the first week of February.  To stay on the "pre-training" training plan I set up last October, I need to add an extra run this week.  should be up to (3) 5Ks and (1) 10K per week.  I'm thinking of running Tues 5am, Wed 5 pm, then Thurs 5am. plus the long run on Sat. average over 15 miles/week.  hold that through the month, then onward and upward.  was a little tired in the gym this morning, so we'll see how I adjust to the additional output. 

2/3/14. NOxplode. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds.  BBQ meatballs. broccolini. cole slaw. apple. almonds. Cottage cheese. Edamame. Chicken yakisoba. Cookies. Lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment