Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2/5/14. run. in which I get blown off at the gym and miss my workout.

2/5/14. run.  what happened to my crossfit?

crossfit? I waited outside the gym until 5:40am, nobody showed up to let me in.  so I went home and ran 5K instead.  probably for the best, as this is a step up week for the running and I need to get in a 5K today.  Yesterday I found out the kids had a science/tech/education function tonight, and I wasn't sure when I could get my run in.  So I guess things were easier to get my run out of the way early.  but its frustrating, in that I haven't missed a workout in years.  seriously.  I have scheduled flights around the 5:30am class so I could squeeze it in.  I have dropped in on boxes in Wichita, Myrtle Beach, and Wake Forest, so I could get my workouts in.  but not today.

so it was a 6am 5K (I lost an hour due to travel to the gym back and forth, including my wait), which is why it wasn't a 5am run.  It was friggen cold, around 22 degrees, maybe even a little colder.  it was a little windier than yesterday, which increased the suck.  Funny thing is, my time and my pace were the same from Tues to Wed, down to the second.  crazy coincidence.  legs are feeling a little stiff (calves, hamstrings especially), i think it has something to do with yesterday's deadlifts.  my knees are feeling a little achy, I'm going to have to just be mindful. 

the plan is to run another 5K tomorrow morning.  the weather is calling for even colder, more like lows of 14 degrees.  Running sounds like a bad idea.  If it goes below 20, I may shift the run to Friday afternoon, which will leave me no recovery time before Saturday's long run.  almost wish I had a treadmill...

2/5/14. run. NOxplode. waffle/ham/egg sandwich. coffee. orange. almonds. tamales. peas. apple. tea. homemade deep dish pizza.  broccoli. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment