Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2/4/14. early AM run. crossfit. tweaks to the next months running

2/4/14. early AM run.  crossfit.

I set the alarm for 4:45 to guarantee I would be running before 5am. woke up at 3:30am, never really got back to sleep.  out the door by 4:58am. was 25 degrees.  cold.  dark.  I was angry.  angry at the cold.  angry to be running.  angry at myself for being stupid and thinking I could run.  angry at the plan.  angry at fitness.  then i compounded it by only listening to angry music.  skipped any songs that might get me out of my funk and only listened to fast loud angry music.  culmination? rolled the odometer to 5K while the CroMags were pounding one out...



why I am running right now?  to kick ass at Berlin. the training plan i want to follow is specific in design.  per Hal, "I DESIGNED THIS PROGRAM FOR EXPERIENCED RUNNERS, individuals who have run two or three or more marathons and who would like to improve their times, to achieve Peak Performance, to set a Personal Record (PR). You should be running five to six times a week, averaging 15-25 miles a week."

that's some pretty hefty requirements, to qualify myself to even start this plan. this is the stable base I have been referring to.  I ramped up slowly, got to approx 3 runs a week, for a total of 11-12 miles a week.  I have held it there for 2 months.  I am adding a day, so that for the next 3 weeks I will run 4 days a week, approx 15 miles per week.  then, the last week of Feb and the first week of March, I will add an additional day.  Should be comfortable with 5 runs a week, approx 18 miles/week by March 10.  Then all hell breaks loose.

crossfit. EMOM, 10 min, 10 push ups.  WOD: AMPRAP 15 min: 7 deadlifts (70% 1RM) and 200m run. the problem with hitting a new 1RM last week is that now 70% of 1RM is higher than it used to be.  didn't pay attention to the clock.  went slow, kept form good, just tried to lift a lot and stay uninjured.

2/4/14. run. crossfit. push ups. deadlifts. run.  coffee. almonds. orange. bbq meatballs. pretzel roll. peas. apple. almonds. protein shake. cheese stick. pork chop. kale garlic mashed potatoes. purple cabbage. ham and cheese. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment