Sunday, February 9, 2014

2/8/14. long run. yoga.

was a cold clear morning for my long run.  crystal clear blue skies, could see the snow on the mountains.  was just beautiful.  of course, for it to be clear and sunny in Feb, means it was cold.  about 25 degrees F when I left the house.  I wore the Buff that Jess lent me.  it actually worked out well for me.  in the sun, when I got warm, I pulled it down.  but in the shade, or when the wind blew and I felt cold, i pulled it up over my nose.  it was stretchy enough to stay up, and thin enough to be able to breathe fairly well.  i was pretty much running with my mouth gaping open to get more air through the Buff, but it was fine. I was glad to wear this.


I probably looked like a nut, but I wasn't too cold and I wasn't too hot.  thermal management plan worked out, and it was an awesome run.  i went slow, and felt good.  when I hit halfway, I didn't really feel ready to turn back.  it was a good end to a step-up week, ended up with 15.5 miles this week.

did an hour of yoga with T after the long run.  I really think that doing yoga directly after the long run is making my recovery time shorter.  I don't feel too bad at all on sundays, even after the long run sat.  we'll see if this trend continues when I introduce some longer runs in 3 weeks.  yoga got a little freaky, with chairs and straps.  but I learned some new stretches and I felt good afterwards.

2/8/14. coffee. peanut butter toast.  egg/ham/cheese english muffin. orange. NOxplode. protein shake. protein bar. tacos. arugula salad. fritos. pretzels.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment