Monday, February 17, 2014

2/17/14. crossfit. no run. slow and steady in the gym.

2/17/14. crossfit. no run. slow and steady in the gym.

5:30am crossfit.  20 min ARAP. 10 min of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 air squats.  then 10 min of 5 front squats, 10 shoulder to overheads, and 15 deadlifts.  went lighter on the weight, tried to go slow and steady and keep good form.  as much as I want to stay strong, i need to be smart and avoid any injury.  sometimes on lighter weight higher rep shoulder to overheads and deadlifts, my form can slip and i can put my lower back at risk.  not today. in fact I did a little clock watching.  For the first time I can remember, I slowed down as the clock got closer to zero.  I ensured I would finish my current round, but I wasn't too worried about stacking up any "extra" reps.

First 5:30am workout without a pre-workout energy drink in over a year.  I am going to wean myself off this crutch, and save it for the races, or when I need to get excited about a long run.  I used to get a real kick from the NOxplode, C4 Extreme, PRE, Scream, etc.  But these days, I don't feel any of that live wire power coming on, almost no energizing effect at all.  I think I have a tolerance build up, and I need to work it out without it.  It will be hard to go without, and I surely did a lot of yawning at the gym this morning.  but "avoiding feeling tired" is no where near as cool as feeling like a stick of dynamite with the fuse lit.  I need to quit using the juice until my body will react to it again.  without it, and my motivation level was low and I had a hard time going.  but this is something I have been thinking about for a while now.  If i really want that kick when I need it, I have to save it for when it counts.  or else its wasted.

rest day from running.  I truly think running can become an addiction, or at the very least a form of mental illness.  seriously. I know I cannot run everyday.  my body can't take it.  but i want to, really badly.  when I'm not out there, I'm thinking about getting out there.  where I'll run next, when, how.  I am really thinking about it a lot, and I wish I could do more than I already am.

2/17/14. crossfit. pullups. pushups. air squats. front squats. shoulder to overheads. deadlifts. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds. turkey tetrazini. corn. apple. protein bar. cottage cheese.  steak fajitas. salad. streudel. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment