Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2/11/14. Tues. Run. Crossfit.

2/11/14. Tues. Run. Crossfit.

didn't sleep well.  OK, maybe I slept fine, I woke up at around 3:30am, didn't really sleep soundly again.  from 4:00am onward, I looked at the clock every 5 minutes until it went off at 4:45am for my run.  I honestly think I actually had enough rest, and maybe I was just ready to go.

so here's the thing.  my run felt plodding.  I felt like a rhino.  like I have no rhythm, no efficiency, no style, no economy of movement.  just stumbling along for 5K.  but when I was done, and I hit stop on the GPS watch, i had run my 5K in 26:12 (avg pace 8:26 min/mile).  thats pretty fast for me, especially since I didn't really feel like I was pushing too hard.  I didn't have any pre-run energy drink, and I wasn't wearing my new energy boosts.  I think I was just well rested and fully recovered from my last week, and I was running well.  even if it didn't feel like it.  it was encouraging to start my day like this, it makes me feel like maybe I am regaining some of the conditioning I have lost over the last 20 months.  maybe there's hope I can actually do this thing.  of course, the long runs are coming, and that's a different story altogether.

then came crossfit.  like night and day.  my energy level was down, as was my motivation.  was a lot to squeeze in, for one trip to the gym.  3 rounds of: 50 double unders, 100 ft bear crawl, 15 goblet squats. I didn't even have time to get this done.  I spaced out at the beginning, waiting for the call"3,2,1... Go!".  Never came, since it wasn't for time.  when I realized other were already doing their first round of bear crawls, then I started.  followed by 21-15-9 hang cleans and chest to bar pull ups.  didn't go Rx on the hang cleans, and i could only hit the C2Bs one at a time.  about halfway through, I started hitting regular pull ups.  sucks.  this whole night was a lot of work. and I didn't have the heart for it.

2/11/14. coffee. orange. beef stew. sloppy joe. corn. apple. protein bar. rotisserie chicken. buffalo chicken cauliflower. bread. carrot soup. arugula salad. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment