Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2/19/14. crossfit. run. working through some heel/instep issues.

sometimes you read the WOD online, and you think "OK, I can do that, should be OK".  then you get started and its like getting punched in the nuts. today was one of those days for me.  4 RFT: 100' ovhd weighted walking lunges, 30 box jumps, 20 wallballs, 10 handstand pushups. everything was Rx'd except the HSPUs (45# plate ovhd, 24" box, 20# wallball).  but i did the HSPUs with my toes on a box. this WOD took me along time, like more than 38 minutes.  and the whole time, the main thought running through my head was "5K run coming in a few hours". frustrating to be slow and feel weak, but I knew what I signed up for with 2 a days.

having a little heel pain in my right foot, inside of the foot, going into my arch.  I tend to obsess about these sorts of things.  its hard to know the difference between and ache/pain that will work itself out, and something that is verging on an injury and needs an intervention. I guess I will try to run a little slower, give it a week, and see how it goes.

ran my 5K.felt like i was running slow, but probably not slow enough.  did some rolling of the bottom of my foot using a frozen water bottle, and I will take  a few alleve. 

2/19/14. crossfit. run. weighted walking lunges. box jumps. wallballs. HSPUs. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds.  veggie burger on rice pilaf. apple. orange chicken. broccoli. noodles. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment