Sunday, February 16, 2014

2/15/14. yoga. the long run. what crappy weather.

2/15/14. yoga. the long run.  what crappy weather.

T had to teach 2 yoga classes, so I stayed home in the morning with the boys.  So i didn't have the chance to do the long run early.  so I did yoga with her for the second class, but i was anxious the whole time, worried about getting the long run in.  and the later it got, the worse the weather got.

it dropped into the low 40s, with continuous rain, and wind of 20-30 mph.  really crappy to head out into that.  the wind was actually hard to run into, and the sideways rain ensured that no matter where I looked, it went right into my face.  I ran it out anyways.  Like Bill Bowerman said, "there's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people".  Just glad to get that one over with.  Didn't see any others runners besides myself, which is abnormal for a saturday afternoon.  I guess they were all soft.  after a while, i gave up on trying to wipe my face off. teh rain, sweat, snot, just all ran together.


was really glad to have my nike flash jacket.  kept me really visible.  I haven't been hit by a car since I got that jacket.  has a weird drape and flow, and its heavier than it looks.  doesn't breathe well either, reminds me of the vinyl rain coats we had in the late 70s.  but it lights up like nobody's business when you get in the headlights.  so its awesome.

Today my friend Randa finished her first marathon in 4:09, just crushed her goal.  I am so proud of her.  I feel like I was a small part of helping her train, with some advice and some well-wishing.  I feel great to see a friend set a goal, train for it, and smash it down. So great to witness, even second hand.

2/15/14. yoga. long run. coffee. omlette. sausage. PB toast. veggie burger. broccoli salad. chicken. kale. cornbread. dark chocolate bar. tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment