Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/18/14. run. crossfit. with the wind, against the wind, and like the wind.

2/18/14. run. crossfit.  against the wind, with the wind, and like the wind.

5K at 5am.  was cool and not rainy, but very windy.  on loop out, the wind was in my face, so hard I could barely catch my breath.  I felt like it was holding me back, like the wind pressure made me work harder and slowed me down.  on the loop back, i didn't feel the wind, so I suspect it was at my back and helping me along.  i think i went like the wind, because I set a new 5K PR this morning.  I felt good and sometimes felt like i was running fast.  I notice a trend.  tues, I am well rested, and run fast.  but by thurs, after 5-6 workouts/runs, I am tired and run slower.  each week has validated this. 

thought I should collect some running benchmarks.  I have set some new ones on the shorter distances, in the last week.

5k, 24:32, 7:54 min/mile, 2/18/14 (solo, at home)
10K, 53:52, 8:40 min/mile, 2/15/14 (solo, at home)
13.1 miles, 1:49:55, 8:23 min/mile, 3/10/12 (lake sammamish half)
26.2 miles, 3:51:24, 8:50 min/mile, 7/15/12 (tunnel marathon)

crossfit. rowing and burpees.  many meters of rowing, and a shitload of burpees.  partner WOD, so I texted Brice to join me.  he also hates burpees, but he loves to row.  he rows as often as i run, if not more.  he has a concept2 rower at home, just for fun.  i figured i could lean on him to row pretty fast. and the burpees, we suffered them together.

2/18/14. coffee.  orange. almonds. beef jerky. steak fajita. corn. apple. protein bar. protein shake. chicken. rice pilaf. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment