Thursday, February 20, 2014

2/20/14 run. crossfit. a word about what i eat.


run. 5am. 5K.  not much else to say.  as always, its kind of tough to roll out of bed at 4:45am and run 5K.  wanted to keep it kind of slow, but i ended up about 25 seconds faster than last night.  I guess if I just run what feels right, i'm going to end up faster than intended.  I need to discipline myself, maybe watch my pace while running.

food. I think we eat pretty healthy.  we hardly eat out, maybe once every few weeks.  T cooks everything from scratch.  there are very few, if any, pre-packaged foods or pre-assembled dishes.  the farmer delivers fresh fruit/veggies once a week.  the milkman delivers milk and eggs once a week.  prior to this current endeavor, I was at least keeping an eye on the quantity of food I ate.  I figure T handles the quality, I am responsible for the quantity.  as in, eat sensibly and no seconds at dinner, that sort of thing.  when I started this current ramp up, I lost a few pounds.  but other than a blip on the radar over the holidays, I have maintained the same weight from december until now.  really consistent.  I am eating like a horse.  seconds every night, sometimes until its all gone.  whether I feel hungry or not.  several nights i have eaten until i felt sick.  I'm not losing any more weight, but I may need some new strategies when the miles ramp up.  eat more frequently?  I currently eat (including snacks) probably 5 times a day. maybe have to throw in extra protein shakes every day? it will be interesting to look at the data in a few months, maybe mid summer.



crossfit. 5 rounds for time: 20 double unders, 25 abmat situps, 30 kettlebell swings.   I actually stuck many of my double unders together.  at least 3 of the rounds were unbroken.  150 KB swings got tough. but it felt like a respectable performance.

2/20/14. coffee. orange. beef jerky. almonds. steak sandwich. rice pilaf. apple. protein bar. protein shake. spaghetti and meatballs. spinach salad. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment