Sunday, February 23, 2014

2/23/14. The long run

Nothing special. 36 degrees, gray and dismal, raining, 10K. No fun at all, but I had to get it done. I wished I could have done this yesterday, to keep a day of rest between the long run, and a long week. But E had little league tryouts and I needed to spend some time with him practicing. Now I'm going to have to run 5 days in a row, with 5 workouts. Step up week.  We'll see how I hold up.

When I ran that 10K today, only 6.22 miles, it felt tough. I thought to myself, I can't believe that I have ever, or will ever, run 20 miles and then finish with anther 10K after that. It's so far out of reach right now it feels impossible. Despair. I need some more sunny days and runs that feel easy.

My friend Jess ran a 50K trail run yesterday, and did awesome. I'm real proud of her, and jealous too.  Someday I would love to have an ultramarathon trail run under my belt. Sounds worse than impossible right now. Trail is the best, as soon as the weather gets better I intend to some of my shorter mid week runs on the trails. But it has to get to the point that it stays light longer.

Oh well, step up week coming...

2/23/14. Coffee.Eggs Benedict. Peanut butter toast. Spaghetti. (all for breakfast). Sandwich. More spaghetti. Cottage cheese. Peppers and cheese. Salad. Split pea soup. Scones. Lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment