Sunday, February 2, 2014

2/1/14. the Long Run. yoga. energy boosts kick ass

2/1/14. Saturday. the Long Run.  yoga.

did my long run, 5 miles, at about 10:30am.  wore the adidas energy boosts.  those shoes rock!  seriously, I felt real good running in them, and the miles flew by.  did my 5 in just under 42 min, avg pace of 8:22 min/mile.  it was funny, I could feel every crack and pebble I stepped on, I was really in tune with the path.  felt cushioned and springy, but really grounded at the same time.  was a good run.  i wish they could all feel like that.

i had my perfect long run recovery drink.  20 ounce shaker bottle.  2 scoops vanilla protein powder, 1 scoop orange gatorade.  add water, shake up, guzzle.  tastes like an orange creamsicle...

after the long run, i did yoga for an hour.  I'm glad T is back from india.  having her teach every saturday forces me to do it, and i really think it help me recover from my running.  i'm still probably the most inflexible person there, but every bit helps.  I have trying to do about 45 min of lower body stretching/rolling/mobility work on tues/thurs before working out.  I hope to avoid any injuries this way.

2/1/14. coffee. eggs. cheese. sausage. peanut butter toast. preotein shake. protein bar. cottage cheese. orange. apple. chicken breasts. mashed potatoes. carrots. ceasar salad. tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment