Thursday, February 13, 2014

2/13/14. run. crossfit. nothing comes for free.

2/13/14. run. crossfit. nothing comes for free.

this is the 3rd double workout day in a row.  seriously, its been almost 2 years since i pulled this shit.

this morning, I paid the price for last night's speed.  felt slow, achy, stiff.  both calves, lower back, right foot.  nothing major.  just diagnostics while running.  2 years ago my best friend told me that at our age, we need to learn to self-rehabilitate.  i think constant diagnostics during work keeps you in tune with what's going on, what needs attention, what's going well.  my body is a machine, and there's always something that could use a little tune up or some attention.

although stiff, still knocked out the 5K in 27:05.  as long as I keep the training runs under 9:00 min/mile, I think I'll be just fine. weather was fairly warm, mid 40s.  a little breezy.  although dark, the clouds parted and an almost full moon beamed down on me, made the road look cool.  I enjoyed the moonlit scenery while I ran.  glad there's no run tomorrow.  I can use the recovery time.

crossfit.  2 hang snatches, EMOM for 10 minutes.  ugh.  snatches are technical, and my lake of grace and fluidity is apparent.  plus overhead squats are my goat.  left hamstring was bothering me, so i kept it light.  then 10 RFT: 10 wallballs and 100' of bearcrawl.  really?  10 rounds?  100 wallball squats, with my tight ass hamstrings?  1000' of bearcrawl?  was terrible.  took me a *long* time.

2/13/14. run. hang snatches. wallballs. bearcrawls. coffee. orange. almonds. Mediterranean chicken pita. cucumber salad. apple. protein bar.  protein shake.  Red Robin for dinner.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment