Monday, February 24, 2014

2/24/14. crossfit. run. thus begins a 4 day streak of double workouts, the shape of things to come.

beginning of the second week without any pre-workout energy supplements before my 5:30am workouts.  Not sure if its the increased mileage or the decreased stim, but I was dragging in the gym this morning.

crossfit. 15 min AMRAP: 7 thrusters, 7 bar facing burpees, 21 double unders.  I ran all my thrusters, never set the bar down till I was done.  but i admit i went slow and took a lot of breathers.  double unders got a little smoother.  actually ran my last 3 rounds.  other that going slow and not hitting too many rounds, this was a good WOD.  I didn't mind this particular combination of movements, and the weight wasn't too heavy. I feel like I was holding back a bit, in anticipation of the run at night.

5K run.  tell you what, I dwelled on this 5K all day long at work.  something about the temperature (cold, mid 30s) and the weather (gray, foggy, misty) made me dread this one.  I know in my head, though, that running in this adversity will make me hard.  it will make me tough, and it will make me able to run in any conditions.  my good friend Randa just ran her first marathon.  she trained all winter, ran outside every time.  no tread mill, no inside track, just dealt with the cold and rain and snow.  when she got to the start line, it was rainy and windy, really dismal.  and it was no problem for her, she took it in stride and crushed her goal.  that is the training i believe in.  not just the fair weather running that are fun and easy, its the truly ugly miles that toughen you and will get you what you want.

so i went out there and went all out tonight.  i just felt like starting the week right - and i hit a new 5K PR. only by 3 seconds, but i busted my ass for those 3 seconds.  that was a pace I could only sustain for a few miles. I'll probably pay for this tomorrow morning.

2/24/14. crossfit. run. thrusters. bar facing burpees. double unders.  protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds. beef jerky. split pea soup. apple. orange. meatloaf. kale. baked potato. cookies. ice cream. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment