Friday, February 21, 2014

2/21/14. crossfit. no run. steak. raw steak.

crossfit this morning, benchmark workout "Jackie".  1000m row, 50 45# thrusters, 30 pullups.  Here is where my current energy output is evident.  my time was 2.5 minutes slower than the last time we did this workout.  almost 25% longer this morning than last time.  but I knew what I was getting into, didn't I?  accumulated workouts.  plus, this is week one of working out without a pre-workout energy supplement.  So in retrospect, I am happy with the week.  some fast runs, a new 5K PR, and a workout everyday M-F.  workouts (run or crossfit) every 12 hours from tues morning to Friday morning.  I am in the groove this week.

no run today, rest.  long run tomorrow.  next week is another step-up week.  I will add another 5K, on Monday.  this will put me at 18.6 miles for next week, which I will hold for the following week as well.  then The Plan begins.

I'm a little scared about my heel.  it's not bad.  no sharp pain.  nothing I can't work through.  I don't feel it when I run.  But when not running, just walking around, it feels like its bruised.  I remember a day I walked around all day with a wrinkle in the top layer of my insole, right under my heel.  gave me a feeling like this for a week or so.  I just know so many older runners that have heel and plantar fasciitis issues that I'm scared.  my first week of The Plan introduces some hill repeats, which I know as bad for your heels/calves.  Right now I am trying to do some extra calf stretches throughout the day, as well as rolling out my heel/instep with a frozen plastic water bottle every day.  I'll try to watch this without freaking about it.

lunch.  I have a friend at work that seems to be under the impression I enjoy raw steak.  not sure where he got that idea, but about once every other month or so he drags me out and forces me to get a ribeye on a rock.  raw steak, served on a 750 degree stone.  you carve off chunks of raw steak and flash-grill it right on the stone.  you need to prop the steak up on top of the onions/peppers/mushrooms to keep it form cooking too quickly.


2/21/14. crossfit. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds. beef jerky. steak. broccoli. wheat roll. tater tots. peanuts. apple. chicken pizza. salad. popcorn. chocolate chips. lots of water

No comments:

Post a Comment