Wednesday, April 30, 2014

4/29/14. tuesday. 6 mile run

6 miles feels like a long way for a tuesday.  it felt pretty hot - about 70 degrees F, 28% humidity.  it was really nice that the sun was shining, but after a while i actually caught myself wishing for a little rain to cool me down.  not much, just a little.  although running in the shade was pretty good when I could find it.  hot enough that i ran in just shorts and running shoes.  but seriously?  have you never seen a scrawny old white guy with love handles, gleaming in the sun before?  the amount of catcalls and honks and yells i got was appalling.  I tend to tune out while I'm running, but this was excessive.  I'll just pretend that I was getting encouraged in my efforts.  because if i stopped to try and pick a fight everytime somebody said something out a car window to me yesterday, I'd never get my miles run.  who knows? I had my music turned up.  maybe I was getting propositioned by supermodels, not derided by idiots.  I didn't listen or look, so I'll never know.  it felt tough to run 6, but i ended up maintaining a steady pace.  it seems pretty fast in retrospect.  I think that once i turn around, I tend to run a little faster because I'm headed home.  avg pace was 8:19 min/mile, 7.2 mph.

days where i am on the go from 5:30am until 10pm are tough.  up early, work all day, longish run, fast shower/clean-up, quick dinner with E (A and T were at the gym), then to little league to watch a game, home, supervise homework, crawl into bed by 10.  tough days.

4/30/14. run.  coffee. orange. nuts. grilled chicken breast. mongolian grill. apple. granola bar. tortellini. broccolini. chocolate. granola/milk. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment