Friday, April 25, 2014

4/24/14. thurs. run and strength 2.

up at 4:45am, on the road at 5am.  this may seriously have been the darkest and rainiest run yet.  and that's saying a lot, seeing as I have run outside all winter long in the pacific northwest.  it was so dark, and the water was just coursing down the streets.  gutters overflowed into the streets until it looked like i was running upstream.  running from streetlight to streetlight, through driving rain, soaked through jacket, pants, shoes.  at least it wasn't cold.  would you believe I saw 2 other runners out there? I think my pace was inversely proportional to the weather conditions.  as the weather got worse, i ran a little faster to get it over quicker.  needless to say, i passed both other runners and kept on going.  i think my training is going well.  this was a training run, mostly recovery, the 12 hours after a hard hard interval run, and i ran with a 8:06 min/mile pace.  i feel pretty good about how things are going.

strength 2. legs and core.  I kept the weight same as last week.  this felt hard, but not excessively so.  I won't have the aching legs and glutes I had a few weeks back when i went too heavy on the lunges.  I did get a little light-headed during deadlifts (3x5 at 205#).  I don't think I was holding my breath, so I'm not sure what was going on.  felt pretty good.  I'm stringing my toes 2 bars better than ever.  I just wish I had a little more time in the gym.

4/24/14  run. strength 2. back squats. deadlifts. front rack barbell lunges. russian twists. toes 2 bar.  coffee. orange. nuts. pasta/sausage/peppers. pork roast. apple. nuts. protein shake. chicken enchiladas. salad. chocolate. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment