Friday, April 18, 2014

4/17/14. Thurs. run and strength 2.

5am run, 3 more miles down.  I was surprised at how stiff and sore I was from wednesday's sprint intervals.  when I try to run fast, i get frustrated that i cannot move my legs fast enoguh and i tend to resort to longer strides.  this, in turn stresses my hips and a few other areas worse than normal.  plus the general strain on the muscles.  i especially felt this one in my calfs.  but with a day of recovery, maybe some extra foam rolling, I ought to be OK. it was dark and rainy for my early run, but it seemed a little warmer.  spring is definitely here.  after all that running in dark and rain and cold, it feels strange to be dreading it getting hot.

hit the gym after work.  it was pretty crowded, which I enjoyed.  the road is solitary, and sometimes running can be lonely.  I miss being in the gym and working out with others.  but there's only 23 weeks and 1 day until Berlin.  I kept it a little lighter on the squats and lunges, being as my lower body was already pretty sore.  when I did my 3 sets of 10 toes2bar, i was actually able to run the first 2 sets.  run 10, rest, then run 10.  last set was 5 and 5.  this was an improvement for me. 

only about 5 more weeks of speedwork, then the miles will start increasing. 

4/17/14. coffee. almonds/peanuts. ham and cheese sandwich. chicken noodle soup. granola bar. protein shake. greek meatballs/taziki sauce/feta/pits. orzo/tomato/onion salad.  salad.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment