Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4/14/14. monday. strength 1 and run.

hit the gym at 5:30 am.  standard monday morning workout.glad to get it in, but I feel like i need more time.  running 6 days a weeks is a lot.  i wish i could get 3 days at the gym, but 2 is all i can swing right now.

ran my 3 after work.  beautiful sunny day, it was a monday, so i wore the elevation mask.  i really feel like i went slow and i took it pretty easy.  i think that's OK, especially being the recovery day after my hard 5K.  things went fine.  

as a little aside, I was looking back at the results of my first 5K race I ever took part in, the Everett YMCA Yankee Doodle Dash on July 4, 2011.  I finished with 27:23, and I was 118/350.  In my age group, i was 12/30.  With the time I ran yesterday, 21:38, I would have finished 2nd in my age group.  I would have have finished 17th in the entire race, 17/350.  So I think the speed training is helping me, at least in my short game.

4/14/14. strength 1. run wiht mask. presses. pull ups. push ups. GHD sit ups. GHD back ext. protein shake. coffee. orange. nuts. oatmeal. cheeseburger. caprese salad. chees/crackers. cashews. stir fry (beef, broccolini, onions, red peppers, spicy orange sauce) brown rice. salad. strawberry shortcake. chocolate. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment