Thursday, April 24, 2014

4/23/14. Wed. 6 intervals of 400m.

the plan called for six 400m intervals.  hard run for 400m, followed by easy 400m recovery.  repeat 6 times.  with a half mile bookends runs to get to the track, and then to get home after (warm-up before, then cool-down after).  waited until 5pm so the track/field kids would be off the track.  i don't have a 400m flat section of road within a mile radius of home, so I really wanted the track last night.  E ran with me, which was pretty cool.  we split apart on the track due to our different paces, but it was nice to look around the track and see my son running with me.  both boys are running a 5K benefit with me on saturday morning in Arlington.  all registration money is donated to help the survivors of the Oso mudslide.

my sprints averaged roughly 10mph, which seems pretty fast to me.  I feel like the speed work has been improving my pace.  I wonder how that will translate to pace over some significant distances?




4/23/14. interval runs. coffee. oatmeal. steak. pasta/sausage/peppers. peas. nuts. granola bar. vietnamese sandwich (pork roast, ham, pickled carrots/peppers, cucumber slices, cilantro, siracha sauce/mayo). chocolate. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment