Wednesday, April 23, 2014

4/22/14. tues. 5 miles.

it was a hard run.  first my GPS watch wouldn't pick up a signal.  i waited and waited.  but I needed to take E to a little league game, so i ended up running before it was ready.  with no GPS, it was nothing but a big clunky stopwatch.  then i didn't notice when it picked up a signal until I got a while into it.  I knew the avg miles to a certain intersection, and I had to do some mental math to figure out how much to add to my current miles registered.  math and running don't mix for me.  it was tough conditions too.  when i left, it was low 60s and sunny, so I went short sleeves and shorts.  some sort of devil squall blew in with cold cold wind, and piercing hard cold rain.  was just awful.  plus 5 miles seemed like a long way for a tuesday.  anyways, i got it done, kept a pretty average pace, still got dinner and made it to the game on time.  maybe not the worst run this year, but close.  feeling a little stiff and sore.  quads, but mostly right calf.  need to watch that on Wed's interval runs. 

4/22/14. run. coffee. orange. nuts. sausage/peppers/pasta. steak. apple. nuts.  cheese/crackers. chicken. snap peas. stuffing. chocolate. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment