Friday, April 4, 2014

4/3/14. its been a long week

its been a long week.  i was very tired this morning, and it was difficult to get out of bed and hit the road running by 5am.  difficult, but i did it anyways.  nothing spectacular about those 3 miles, just 3 closer to my goal.  it was dark, and a little chilly.  still wearing the nike flash jacket for the 5am runs.  if it ever warms up too much for the flash jacket (like maybe July), I have a few LED armbands I got for christmas.  But even after what felt like an aggressive week (4.2 min fartlek sat, 7 mile sunday, 3 mile mask run monday, 5 mile tues, 5 hill climb wed) I still maintained a pretty decent pace this morning (8:23 min/mile, 7.2 mph).  I wonder if I'll see any noticeable speed improvements after a taper period, or if its still too early?  the week after next calls for a "5K race".  I'm not feeling too inclined to search out an actual race, but I will probably prepare as if it was a race and really go for it.

hit the gym after work.  back squats, deadlifts, front rack barbell lunges, russian twists, toes2bar.  kept the weights consistent with last week, just a little heavier on the deads.  But I can't forget how those lunges at 115 messed me up for 4 days, so I kept those a little lighter.

my body weight is still pretty consistent.  I try to hit the scales every thursday morning right after I wake up.  I forgot today until after my 5 mile run.  it looks like I'm down a pound or so, but its been my experience that a 3 mile run can easily take 1-2 pounds off my body weight (short term dehydration).  So if I looked a pound light, I'm probably on a flat line.  I'll probably try to validate that tomorrow morning with an extra measurement.
PS. weight came in at 176.4 friday morning, exactly as I suspected

4/3/14. run. strength 2. back squats, deadlifts, front rack barbell lunges, russian twists, toes2bar. coffee. orange. almonds/cashews. pork jerky. corn/hominy/chicken soup. turkey and pesto sandwich. apple. protein bar. protein shake.  chard/mushroom quiche. salad. easter candy. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment