Wednesday, April 2, 2014

4/2/14. hill run repeats. five of them.

last week, 4 hill repeats were bad.  but 5 are worse.  it really came down to one step at a time, telling myself I would not quit, i would not walk, i would just run one more step.  then one more. then one more. to the top, then to turn around and do it again?  so hard.

I wore the heart rate monitor.  i was curious to see the spike in HR, and to see how long it took to come back down during each jog back down the hill.  i was surprised that although the first few showed a fast recovery, the last few didn't look so clean.  I think i found it harder to recover each time.  I wish i had pulled this data for the 3 hill and 4 hill days, to compare. my max HR stayed around 157, but the recovery was not as complete for after hill 2 and 4.  and after hill 5, I didn't go back down the hill, i just head out on the cool down mile.  so i kept the HR pretty constant.


I know, I know, nobody gives a shit about the data but me.  but i think its cool.

only one more week with hill climbs, then i move on to wednesday's being intervals at the track.  some weeks 200s, some week 400s.  but lot's of them, especially after a weeks getting into it.

4/2/14. run. hill repeats.  coffee. orange. almonds/cashews. calzone. mac&cheese&bacon. apple. protein bar. hominy/corn/chicken soup. cheese quesadilas. salad.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment