Thursday, May 1, 2014

4/30/14. wed. sprint interval day

had to wait until 5:00pm to run.  the middle school has track and and field until 5, and i wanted to run my intervals on the track (flat level, easy to judge distances).  i found it hard to wait this long in the day - at this point, i wanted to lay on the couch and take a nap, not go run intervals.

run was 200m intervals (200m sprints with 200m recovery jogs between them).  easy half mile run to the track (and home after) served as warm-up and cool-down.  intervals are hard.  they really make your lungs work, and your legs work, and your arms/torso/core work.  they pretty much thrash me.  at the end of each sprint, i was bellowing and whooshing like a freight train.  i wore the heart rate monitor so i could track my HR recovery.  I guess my cardio isn't that great, because you can see how with each successive recovery jog, i was not able to get my heart rate back down as low as the preceding interval.  my avg speed for the sprints was 10.81mph (5:33 min/mile).  it was tough to maintain speed for each of the intervals, and believe me, 10 felt like a lot.


4/30/14. run. 200m intervals. coffee. orange. almonds. grilled chicken breast. pasta/sausage/peppers. apple. almonds. cottage cheese. beef stir fry (beef, bok choy, peppers), white rice.  ice cream sandwich.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment