Saturday, March 8, 2014

3/8/2014 judging 14.2, run, yoga

long run.  went to the gym with T and did some judging for the Crossfit Open 14.2.  Although I'm not participating, I'm at least trying to show up and help out and be supportive.  I help with the equipment when I can, do some judging, etc.  Its a good time, and I'm having fun with it.  I like being around the crowd at teh gym.

I ran my 10K from the gym.  awesome route, down Grand Ave, past Legion Park, down along the marina and waterfront, then back up the hill.  real nice run.  a little cool, light rain.  perfect conditions.  I hit a new 10K PR this morning (52:31, 8:27 min/mile).  I was running with what felt like a reasonable pace, but it was a little faster than I intended.  I wish I could run this route all the time, but its a little out of my way.  I guess if I continue to come in and support my gym on Saturdays, this will be my run.  with slight variations to add miles as required.  heel feels pretty good.  we'll see what tomorrow morning brings.

stayed at the gym after the long run, when T teaches yoga.  I really think that following a long run with an hour of yoga is doing wonders for my recovery.  we'll see if this holds true over the coming months.

3/8/14. long run. yoga. coffee. egg. country ham. peanut butter toast. protein shake with gatorade. chicken gyro. peanuts. ham and cheese.  cheeseburger. sweet potato fries. salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment