Friday, March 7, 2014

3/6/14. Thursday. run and crossfit. so this heel/arch discomfort is the new normal.

so I got up at about 4:45am so that I could be out running before 5am.  felt pretty tough.  I think a week break was good for me in the gym, in that i felt relaxed and ready to work out yesterday, but I'm not sure the break did anything for my running.  i don't really think a week is long enough to get out of conditioning, but it did feel difficult this morning.  my heel/arch made itself known.  was a little worse when I started, seemed to fade a little while running.  not painful, just noticeable.  then my dress shoes were a litle too flat/hard.  on my walk into work, my arch/heel seemed to ache a little more.  iced it.  rolled it.  will track it and see if subsequent runs make it the same or worse.

crossfit.  5 RFT: 10 handstand pushups, 20 double unders, 250m row.  I got through this pretty fast, at least it felt fast.  all good stuff, the making of a fun WOD, but it brings up an issue I am having. none of these is specifically strength training.  the nature of the programming and the variability of a "workout of the day" means it may not be what I am looking for.  I don't want my cardio in the gym, and I'm not really looking for improving my endurance in the gym  I will get that on the road, in spades.  I want to work some strength.  some lifting, some core strengthening, some mobility, some bodyweight exercises (pullups, push ups, etc).  we'll see how the next few weeks/months go.

3/6/14. run. crossfit. handstand pushups. double unders. rowing. coffee. orange.  almonds. ham/artichoke/swiss cheese lasagne. tortellini with sausage. apple. almonds. cheese stick. meatloaf. mashed potatoes. spinach souffle. a few gin and tonics.  not enough water.

No comments:

Post a Comment