Wednesday, March 26, 2014

3/25/14. tues. just 4 miles, but so hard

was just a run day, and only 4 miles at that.  but it was hard.  every step of the way on the run out, i wanted to quit, turn around go home.  once past the halfway point, every step of the way, i wanted to give up and start walking.  it was a real struggle.  lots of aches.  everything from the waist down.  glutes, hamstrings, quads, calfs.  hips, knees, ankles, heel.  and a new one, the lower back.  this is one to watch.  I can't afford back issues right now.  I actually felt a twinge while running monday.  down a big hill, lots of impact, off a curb wiht extra height, and i felt a twinge.  I will need to care for this.  I will ice it throughout the day, and try to stretch tonight.  if i still feel it tomorrow, I will skip strenght training adn stick with stretching.  if i have an imminent lower back issue, on the verge, i cannot afford heavy squats and deadlifts, etc.

weather was strange.  when i headed out, it was really sunny.  i went with shorts and a tshirt.  but it was relaly windy, and then it got overcast, and then it started raining.  in the space of 33 minutes, I had hot and sunny, gloomy and windy, and then rainy.  i was glad to get home and hit the showers. 

I miss going to the gym everyday.  i miss the weights and the overall soreness of lifting heavy. I miss my friends, and the social aspect of the gym.  running is very solitary sometimes.

3/25/14. coffee. orange. almonds/peanuts. beef stew. mashed potatoes. protein bar. cheese and lunch meat. cottage cheese.  enchiladas. broccolini. strawberries and cookies. reese's peanut butter eggs (i think i finished the easter candy, and its only 3/24/). lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment