Wednesday, March 19, 2014

3/19/14. run. 4 hill repeats. just pissing down rain.

the weather was really ugly, just pissing down rain.  really hard to get motivated to even leave the house and run, let alone hill repeats.  I needed four quarter mile hill repeats.  run 1 mile or so to warm-up, run the 4 hill repeats, then run a mile or so to cool down.  for the repeats, I'm supposed to sprint up the hill, then jog down to recover, then repeat.  can I just say, these really suck?  I trust that they will actually serve to give me more speed, or build my endurance, or make me stronger.  or something.  they better just do something, because they are hard and they suck.  I hope its not just punishment to build character.  I am so gassed by the top of the hill, heaving for breathe, heart pounding, fatigued.  it's such a relief to turn around and easily trot downhill, but the whole way dreading the turn around at the bottom. i got disoriented and confused on hill number 3, and i turned around early.  when i figured it out, let me assure you, i did not turn back around and try again.  i tell you what, four seemed like too many this week.  and doing it in the rain was just miserable.

but its done.  now a short 3 miler tomorrow morning, followed by some strength training after work, and then i get a hard-earned rest day...

3/19/14. run.  hill repeats. coffee. orange. almonds. fresh tomato pasta. apple. almonds/peanuts.  tacos. salad. granola. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment