Tuesday, March 18, 2014

3/18/14. run. what does 40,000 people running look like?

a bit of a step up today, 4 miles on a tuesday. Really felt like I needed some energy on my run, felt hungry about 3 miles in. But it was fairly warm, and not raining, so I made the best of it.

seriously, can you imagine running a marathon with 40,000?  I did the seattle rock and roll in 2012, and i think that was approx 20,000 runners (combined start for full and half).  40,000 is unbelievable.  I trust my plan, it will get me to 26.2.  But how will I ever break free and run my own pace in a crowd of 40,000 runners.  unimaginable.  thanks to my friend Manuel for the attached picture, really puts it in perspective (this is taken just after the start of the race, you can see the Siegessaule, the Berlin Victory Column, inaugurated in 1873).


3/18/14. run. coffee. orange. peanuts. roasted pork loin. orzo/cucumber/feta/spinach salad. peas. apple. Bread with hummus. Turkey and cheese. fresh tomato pasta. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment