Monday, March 10, 2014

3/10/14. crossfit. run. used the elevation mask to start of a week with 6 runs...

lost an hour due to daylight savings time when I hit the 5:30am class.  3x10 box jumps (I did 2 sets as goblet step ups with a 53 pound kettlebell, and one set as actual box jumps), then 15 min AMRAP: 15 wallballs and 10 burpees.  yeah, I got sweaty, and I got out of breath.  But does this satisfy my requirement for strength training today?  I'm not sure.  I may need to think harder about what I want to get out of my time at the gym, and how I can do it most efficiently.

run 3 miles.  things kind of went sideways today.  One kid stayed after school at art club, the other stayed after school at wrestling.  we had a commitment to provide a dinner to some friends who just had a baby, and then it turned out T had to go to a meeting.  so I had to juggle all sorts of time commitments and being there for the kids, etc.  And today called for a 3 mile run.  no questions, no doubt, no slide.  its 3 miles, and I just had to make it work.  after looking out the window all day and seeing the weather improve, I was really looking forward to running in the sun today.  thanks to DST, it was still light and I got to run in the sun today.  felt good.  I tried my elevation mask, since it was a short run.  really made me work to breathe.  slowed me down, and it was difficult.  I think I would like to try to work this in once a week on a short run.

I had a question over the weekend, how do I handle water intake.  I used to really track my water intake closely, but now I'm much more informal.  I just watch my pee.  if it looks like budweiser, I'm pretty well hydrated.  if it starts looking like amber ale, better start drinking extra water.  I suspect that if it ever start looking like guinness, I better head for the emergency room because I probably need an IV saline drip...

3/10/14. crossfit. run. box jumps. goblet step-ups. wall balls. burpees. 3 miles. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds. meatball sub. peas. apple. almonds. meatball carrot ragout. chocolate chip cookies. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment