Wednesday, July 9, 2014

7/8/14. tuesday. run. strength 2.

up at about 4:35am, hit the streets by 4:50am or so.  i left some extra time, because this week the tues/thurs runs got bumped up to 4 miles.  there is a major psychological difference between 3 and 4 for me.  the 3 mile loop feels just right, short and easy.  the 4 mile loop just feels like i am headed out for a long haul, getting really far away from home.  its crazy, but it feels that way.  this was an extremely difficult run for me, mentally.  after my terrible sunday run, my self-confidence was shaken.  it was worrisome to head out on a run and have concerns about if i would be able to complete it without walking.  i know have run much longer runs lately, without trouble, but sometimes you are only as confident as your last run.  one "Oh shit" wipes out a hundred "atta boys".  but i ran 4, and it was OK. 

hit the gym after work.  couldn't back squat, due to the fact that the sunburn on my shoulders was too tender to bear weight.  ended up front squatting, which put additional strain into my lower back.  started feeling pretty tight.  I reduced the weight of the deadlifts (took 20# off from last weeks lifts).  also went lighter on the lunges.  totally skipped the pistols.  i was worried about recovery time for my legs.  as i have bumped up the weekly mileage, i have noticed that i have not been recovering completely between runs.  so for this week, i have reduced the weight.  i may even skip the gym next week when the mileage bumps up again.  then the following week is a recovery week, and i will try to get back into the gym.  i might be done lifting weights until after Berlin, it could be i am looking at 11 weeks of bi-weekly Cindy.  or maybe after this week and next I start to get a better grip and take on a little more.  all i know is that last night after the gym i was feeling anxious, and on the verge of losing my temper, and was generally unpleasant.  all symptoms that came on when I over-trained pretty hard back in February.  So I will dial it back a bit and see if i can head it off.  But I will not reduce the runs or the mileage - those are sacred.

7/8/14. tuesday. run. strength 2. coffee. orange. almonds/peanuts/cashews. pork BBQ on biscuits. peas. apple. protein bar. protein shake. cheese/turkey.  fajitas (steak, cheese, tomato, lettuce, avocado, onions, peppers). corn.  national dessert of canada.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment