Monday, July 28, 2014

7/23-24/14. Sat fast 8 miles, Sun slow 11 miles.

7/23/14. sat. the plan called for a fast 8 miles.  I got out early, while it was still pretty cool and ran my 8 miles, fast.  in fact, i held sub 8's the whole way.  avg moving pace of 7:56 min/mile, elapsed time of 1:03:30.  this was really fast for me, especially at this distance.  I was extremely happy to knock these miles out.  I felt pretty good, all minor issues aside.  after the run, went to yoga with T.  this was a good way to help speed up recovery, although i had some trouble holding some poses (stationary lunges, one legged balance, etc).  my legs were weak, but i did my best.

7/24/14. sunday.  plan called for 11 miles.  I would have preferred to get up and run this in the morning, and then had my day to relax.  but the family wanted to take the little ferry over to Jetty Island in Everett and spend the day at the beach.  sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your family.  but that doesn't mean you can skip The Long Run.  after getting home, then i had some motorcycle work to take care of.  then there was dinner to grill.  by the time I could run, it was after 7pm.  seriously, this is about the time I normally sport the pajamas, maybe watch some TV with the kids or read, and pretty much relax until bed.  and instead i was out there running my miles until 9pm or so.  wasn't too great.  I was already tired.  feet hurt, especially the middle toe of my left foot was really aching.  that blister/bruise/hematoma is turning into a purple toenail.  hurts to touch the top surface of the toenail.  like getting poked on a bruise.  multiplied by 1000 steps in a mile (per foot), by 11 miles.  not fun.  it was cooler in the evening, especially as the sun went down.  the shadows lengthened and slowly stretched into twilight.  I haven't run with a shirt since my chafed nipple episode last week, and it actually got chilly.  but i ran my 11, slowly, and finished out the "recovery" week.


there was a quote from Crossfit Everett on facebook this morning, and it said "This is not about punishing your body. This is about celebrating all the amazing things it can do."  Sorry, not me, not right now.  it really does feel like this is actually about punishing my body.  its about who can punish themselves the hardest and get back up stronger.  its about going to that dark place in your head and dwelling there for hours at a time.  its about pushing just up to the point of breaking, and then pushing that point further away each week.  This week will be the most miles I have ever run in one week in my life (41 miles).  then next week will be the most miles i will run in one week for this entire training plan (44 miles).  it feels like it is all about the punishment right now.  if i can get through this, i will be unbreakable.  "stress, recover, repeat.  its so easy any idiot could do it".  punish, and punish further.

No comments:

Post a Comment