Friday, July 25, 2014

7/24/14. thursday. run and strength 2.

up at 4:30am, on the streets before 5am, knocked out my 4 miles.  the sun never came up, which was kind of depressing.  gray and gloomy, even when it started to get light, it was so overcast and cloudy.  not a great run.  tip of my toe is still bruised, and must be hitting the inside of my show.  and my chafed nipple is still kind of painful.  right heel.  left hip/quad/IT band.  i ran my 4, and my time was right where i wanted it to be, but the little things are adding up.

after work i hit the gym.  the way i see it, i won't see miles this low again (except for one recovery week mid august, with only 28 miles).  so this was probably my last day of really working the legs in the gym.  Back squats, deadlifts, barbell lunges, toes to bar.  i kept the weights at the reduced value i hit 2 weeks ago.  but i don't seem myself having the energy to do this one again.  I took my time between sets, and i really rolled out afterwards.

this is a recovery week.  a 32 mile recovery week, which seems like an oxymoron.  a 3 mile run used to be my reliable "stand by", the one I'd hit at last 2-3 times a week.  no more.  4 has replaced 3.  In fact, after next week, i will not see a run less than 5 miles again, until i taper.

7/24/14. coffee. orange. almonds/peanuts/cashews. ribs. mashed potatoes. corn. apple. protein shake. turkey burger with pineapple ring and cheese on hawaiian roll.  baked beans.  some kind of homemade kimchee cole slaw.  blueberry tart.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment