Thursday, May 8, 2014

5/7/14. interval day.

The Plan called for 400m sprints.  7 of them.  with 400m cool down jogs between them.  bookended with a half mile to/from the track to warm-up/cool-down, and we have a 4.5 mile run day. 

running intervals is hard.  mentally tough, as well as physically difficult.  when I'm doing it, i want to slow down and I want to quit.  then when its over, i want to kick myself for not running harder, for not giving it my every last bit of effort until i collapsed puking on the track.  these intervals are the runs that will make me faster, and build speed, and increase my recovery rate.  and I only have 2 more weeks of them.  i hate that feeling, that if only i had tried a little bit harder, i could have improved a little bit more.  regrets suck.  i never look back and say "i wish i had just run a little slower and not tried so hard on my speed interval day".  lost opportunity.

So i averaged 6 min/mile (10mph) on my sprints.  managed to keep it pretty steady for the entire lap, each time.  although my recovery shows i didn't recover as quickly once the laps added up, i still felt pretty good at the end of each recovery lap.


some days I feel like nobody understands or appreciates how hard this is, and how much i'm giving to get there.  oh well, its a good thing I have a rest day tomorrow, because today my attitude sucks and and i am feeling bleak.  come the weekend i'm sure i'll be doing better.

5/7/14. coffee. orange. almonds. chicken parm/pasta. roasted broccoli. apple. bison protein bar. cottage chees. sausage/sheese.  half a PB&J. brunswick stew (chicken, not squirrel). corn bread.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment