Friday, May 30, 2014

5/29/14. run. mobility day.

all right, all right, this is the last day i will allow myself to claim Murph.  i made a decision to skip my strength workout and go to the gym and just work mobility issues.  weak, but felt like the right thing to do.

up at 4:30am, on the the streets by 4:45am, 3 long slow miles.  seriously, these were the slowest miles since i started running again in November.  my legs were stiff and sore, and even my upper body kept reminding me how sore it was.  every step was an impact that i felt through my core and up into my shoulders, and even down into my forearms.  it wasn't really a fun run, but i had 3 miles to do and i did them.

strength 2 was supposed to be back squats, deadlifts, front rack barbell lunges and toes 2 bar.  instead, i spent over an hour with a foam roller, a lacrosse ball, and some bands.  i worked the quads, the hamstrings, the calves, the hips.  tried to hit just about everything from the waist down.  I think I am feeling better, and that listening to my body was the right thing to do.

looking forward to a rest day friday.  then i'm not sure how to fit my weekend runs in.  i need a fast 5 on saturday and a long 8 on sunday.  there's little league game sat, and a mariners game sun.  i need some more time...

5/29/14. coffee. orange. nuts. meatloaf/carrot ragout/mashed potatoes/peas. apple. nuts. cottage cheese. pork roast. pretzel roll. spinach salad. peas. granola. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment