Tuesday, May 6, 2014

5/5/14. monday. strength 1 and run.

hit the gym at 5:30am. strength 1: strict presses, strict pull ups, sub'd bench presses for push ups, GHD sit-ups, GHD back ext.  felt fine.  honestly, although I filled the hour, I didn't feel wiped.  I think I could possibly handle a workout of this difficulty more frequently.  maybe 3 times a week instead of 2.  I think when the running plan transitions in 3 weeks (from speed to mileage) and the number of days running changes from 6 to 5, I will try to pick up an additional day in the gym.  probably Mon morning, tuesday afternoon, thurs afternoon.  this will push my tues and thurs runs to before work.  I think i can handle this, although it will be tough on longer mileage days (tues/thurs will go up to 5 mile days).  I will need to start getting up earlier, so I can run and make it to work on time . maybe 4:15am or 4:30am instead of 4:45am.  too bad my gym doesn't open at 5:30am on tues/thurs.  that would really solve my scheduling issue...

ran 3 miles after work, wearing the mask.  this went fine, although slow.  I'm not sure if the limiting factor was my cardio or my legs.  I felt fairly sore/stiff from the 5 mile "race pace" the day before, and I didn't feel up to running any faster.  of course, the mask would have kept me from going any faster anyways.  it was nice to run in the sun on a cool day.  low 50s, light wind, sun.  felt real good.

5/5/14. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds. beef stir fry, white rice. apple. granola. peanuts. tacos. salad. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment