Friday, May 2, 2014

5/1/14. Thurs. run and strength 2

busy day.  so I got up earlier and ran earlier.  up at 4:30am, on the road by 4:45am, fast 3 miles.  it was pretty warm, maybe low 50s.  i wore shorts for my run, i think this is the first early morning run where i've been able to wear shorts.  a far cry from last thursday morning (rainy and cold).  miles went by in a flash.  my 3 mile route is not bad.  it has some uphills, some down hills, some level running.  its pretty varied, but i have run it so many times that i can do it on autopilot. the best I can tell is that i have run this exact same loop 57 times since november. I was looking at The Plan. only 3 more weeks of speedwork (intervals, tempo runs, fartlek, etc).  then I switch gears a little.  change from 6 runs a week, mostly shorter, with speed work, to only 5 runs a week, with longer mileage.  now i'm feeling like i wish i had tried harder on my hill climbs and my intervals.  i had my chance to build speed, and I'm afraid i didn't take full advantage.  its hard to sprint, when you're headed for a marathon.  damn.

in the gym in the afternoon for strength 2.  legs and core. same weight from last week.  actually felt a little easier.  maybe i was just a little run down last week. it was nice seeing friends.  the road is solitary.  its nice to be around other people working out.  its a little frustrating to see them all getting a little stronger everyday, while i am getting a little weaker every day.  but that's how this is going to go through september.

5/1/14. run. back squats. deadlifts. front rack barbell lunges. russian twists. toes 2 bar. coffee. orange. almonds. pork roast. pasta/sausage/peppers. apple. granola. protein shake. ham/chicken/cheese.peas in a pie crust (empanada style sandwich). salad. bowl of granola. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment