Monday, May 19, 2014

5/19/14. strength 1 and run in the mask.

up at 4:50am, hit the gym at 5:30am.  lower back is still feeling a little stiff, so i eased up on the weight for the strict press.  i know i compensate for my lack of shoulder/upper body flexibility by arching my lower back during this lift.  I did some extra stretching, then reduced my presses (5# lower than last week).  i did pushup instead of bench presses.  I did ab mat situps and abmat back ext instead of GHD today.  I also did a lot of extra stretching on the mats before and after.  i think being careful was smart.  I am definitely no worse, and I am feeling a little looser now.

its Monday, which means 3 miles in the mask.  this is the last week with a monday run, and the weather was nice, so I went out determined to have a good mask run.  went fine.  difficult as always, but i didn't want to puke and i recovered fairly quickly.  Alex rode his mountain bike along with me, so it was a really nice run.  He seemed excited about it, which was cool.

5/19/14. strength 1. run. strict presses. pull ups. push ups. abmat sit ups, back ext.  protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds/peanuts/cashews.  birthday cake (yellow cake with homemade butterscotch icing).  chicken. stuffing. corn. more birthday cake.  apple.  another slice of birthday cake.  Chicken. Asparagus. Risotto. Salad. Lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment